Tuesday, January 17, 2017

One Card – Three Challenges

I recently discovered the “challenge” section of the Club Scrap Forum and decided to give some of them a try. Jumping right in, I covered three of the challenges for this Valentine’s card:
First is the 1/17 Card Sketch Challenge using this sketch (which I rotated):
Second is the 1/17 Tool & Stash Challenge which is to use buttons, brads or beads. I used some heart brads that from my stash that I “filled in” with some saffron Glimmer Glaze.

Third is the 1/17 NBUS Challenge (Never Before Used), which is to use a Club Scrap kit item that you have never used before (or at least not in a long time). I chose the little heart stamp which came as a Retreat extra a few years back (but I don’t remember which year). I also used the stencil from Crewel & Unusual kit to create the base of the hearts. Confession time – I have used that stencil before, but not that particular part of it.

Here are the other supplies I used:

**paper is from Club Scrap, various kits.

**Ruby Club Scrap ink for the base heart and edging, Chalk-a-Lots by Memories for the stamped heart (I don’t know the color name, and I don't think is available anywhere anymore).

**sentiment stamp is from Gina K. Designs.

**background paper embossed with folder from Sizzix (Burlap).

**ribbon is from Club Scrap “Tahiti”

**key is from my stash.

I should note that the hearts are stenciled and stamped onto a scrap of an art orphan that I have no idea what I used to create.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Rose! I am so glad you have joined us on the forum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing Rose! Great interpretation of the sketch. I love that key!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...