Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Back to Crafting

Happy New Year! It is good to be back playing in my space again after some unintentional time off finishing other Christmas projects and then celebrating the holiday with my visiting family. I have come up with two new crafting resolutions for 2017: to use up some of my old supplies, and to participate in more challenges. To get started on those, I made a couple of cards for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch:
This is my first card:
The background is an art orphan, but don’t remember what or how I made it. (Ok, another resolution: write info on the back when I play around with new techniques and make “art orphans”).

One of my favorite crafting quotes is: “There are no mistakes, only creative possibilities”. Unfortunately I don’t remember who or where I got the quote from, but I was inspired by it on this card. After I glued down all of the background pieces to the card base I realized that I had forgot to add the blue ribbon which corresponds with an element of the sketch, plus helps pull my whole design together. After some thinking, I cut a slit in the top of the card, threaded the ribbon through and secured it on the inside using another die cut flower, adding some interested in the process. Never give up without a fight! Here is what the inside of the card looks like: 
  Here are the supplies I used for this card:

**paper is from Gina K. Designs (base) and Club Scrap.

**flower stamp is from Heartfelt Creations and the sentiment stamps are from Club Scrap “Transformations”.

**border die is from Spellbinders, flower die is from Heartfelt Creations.

**ribbon is from Club Scrap “Girlfriends”.

**flower is stamped with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, sentiment is stamped with Distress Embossing Ink, and embossed with Hydrangea Blue Mauve powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang.

**bling and brad are from my stash

This is my second card:
Ok, I do know that Christmas is over, but I am going to try to stay ahead on my Christmas cards this year (it helps that my decorations are still up…we’ll see how long it lasts!). I used another art orphan from my stash (don’t know details on this one either) for the background.

Here are the other supplies I used:

**paper is from Gina K. Designs (base) and Club Scrap.

**ornament is a Dazzles sticker (that apparently is so old they are not available anymore) on an art orphan made with  Color Bursts.

**blue ribbon is from Club Scrap “Girlfriends”, the ribbon on the edge is upcycled, altered with Evergreen Bough Distress Stain

**bow is DMC thread (#995), bling is from my stash.

Wishing everyone a perfectly crafty 2017!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards...inside and out! Especially love that sentiment on the first - lol! Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...