Sunday, March 13, 2016

Club Scrap March Technique Challenge

This month’s Technique Challenge on the Club Scrap Blog is the Masterboard Technique, which was something new to me. 

I have two confessions to make.  One is that I don’t do “random” very well.  So this technique definitely took me a little out of my comfort zone.  The second confession is that I can be somewhat of a rebel at times.  So, I did this challenge with a slight twist.   Here is my masterboard:
Using stamps from Club Scrap (Fossils and By the Seashore Remix), I stamped them randomly - but not without some stress - with VersaMark ink onto Strathmore Watercolor paper, and embossed them with Copper Foil EP from Club Scrap (unfortunately not in the store anymore).   I then water colored the panel using Glimmer Mist (Apple, Tiger Lily and Electric Blue). 

I decided to make a set of notecards with my colorful panel:
The paper is all from Club Scrap.  I embossed the background panels using a folder from Lifestyle Crafts, then inked them with Forrest Moss Distress Ink.  I cut the Masterboard panels using Spellbinder dies.  The ribbon is Club Scrap (I think Navigation?). 

I followed Tricia’s Paper Purse tutorial to make a holder for this card set:
The paper is also from Club Scrap.  I used the Forrest Moss Distress ink with a stamp from Technique Junkies.  The decorative panel is stamped with a stamp from Club Scrap Fossils (less stress!), embossed and water colored the same as the masterboard. 

Now I have a gift already made the next time something unexpected pops up, or I get behind - which is probably more likely!  


Thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Rose, these are beautiful! Keep rebelling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card "set"...what a wonderful gift! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose, holy moly these are stunning!! I think this is one of my favorite stamp sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, Rose! Love how it all turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful masterboard! Gorgeous projects! Sorry that you were stressed...but if it makes you create beauties like this...maybe you should stress more! =)
    Hugs,
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...