Thursday, March 24, 2016

Going Gingham

The weekly challenge over at Gina K’s Stamp TV is to use something “gingham”.   After giving this some thought, I set about to make a card with a plan in mind.  Here is the final product (which doesn’t look anything like that plan I had in my head):
I tried to create a “gingham - like” background using a stamp from Stampin’ Up and Gina K’s Cherry Red ink.  For the circles, I used a Gina K stamp from  the “Elegant Elements” set.  It was stamped on glossy cardstock, heat embossed, covered in Ranger Alcohol Ink (Poppyfield and Red Pepper), then the embossing ironed off.  I cut out the circles and mats using dies from Spellbinders.

Other supplies I used:
**gingham ribbon from Gina K.
**sentiment from Club Scrap’s “Tribal” kit, stamped with black VersaFine ink and embossed with Gina K’s clear Fine Detail embossing powder (the rest of the stamp says “what were we thinking?”, which I stamped inside). 
**paper from Gina K (base of card) and Club Scrap.
**I finished off the circle designs by adding some bling from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...