Wednesday, March 30, 2016

A Trip to the Paris Flea Market

Well, a virtual trip anyway.  It’s Club Scrap’s monthly blog hop featuring the “Paris Flea Market” kit!  You can see all the fun creations by starting at the Club Scrap blog
 
My friend Jeannie makes beautiful baskets.  She also teaches basket weaving classes, but unfortunately I don’t live near her anymore so I can’t participate.  I was trying to channel her talents when I combined this tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers and my Club Scrap Lite kit to make this:
Everything I used can be found in the “Paris Flea Market”Lite kit  except:

**I used Club Scrap Ash ink  to distress the edges of some of the woven strips.
**The sentiment is from Club Scrap’s “Blossoms” kit, stamped with Versa Mark, embossed with Club Scrap Hematite embossing powder and cut out with Spellbinders dies.
**The flowers are from Michaels (the white one) and Prima, altered with Victorian Velvet Distress ink.
**The brads and bling are from my stash. 

As a “bonus” project I made this card for my daughter because I knew that she would really love this quote:
All the paper and the ribbon came with my “Paris Flea Market” Lite kit.  The middle panel was created by stamping a CS “Woven Strands” stamp (I think it was the Art Nouveau stamps and they don’t seem to be available anymore) with VersaMark ink and embossing it with CS Hematite powder.  Then I got to play with my new Color Bursts Liquid Metals (Metallic Mandarin, Metallic Rose and Metallic Saffron) that I had shipped with my kit.  

Because the color white and I don't usually get along very well, I inked the background paper with Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink, then sponged the edges with Spiced marmalade Distress ink.  I also inked the cut-a-part sentiment panel with CS Carnation ink , then highlighted it with the Metallic Saffron Color Burst.   The bling was from my stash, altered with Copic Marker.

Now all that is left is to fill this basket with goodies for someone’s birthday, and get the card in the mail to my daughter to help brighten her day. 

P.S.  My basket weaving friend Jeannie lives in Nebraska.  If you are interested in taking classes from her, or if you have a few extra minutes and want to check out her beautiful baskets, you can visit her website here!  

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful handmade paper basket! Who wouldn't love to receive this as a gift? Lovely card, too! Thanks for joining us for the Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your basket is so beautiful, Rose as is the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that basket is amazing! I love the card you made for your daughter - great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful baskets, Rose! Those would have been perfect for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely and what a terrific idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, over the top with those baskets for sure! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The basket is so pretty!!! Love it! The card is pretty, too!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...