Friday, April 22, 2016

Stained Glass…No Band-Aids Needed

Club Scrap's April technique challenge is to duplicate the look of stained glass.  I have to admit that the biggest reason I haven’t wandered into that part of the crafty world is the fear of multiple cuts and slices on my hands, arms and who knows where else (I would not consider myself “graceful”).  This challenge allowed me to try for the look of stained glass using paper; not quite as “dangerous” as actual glass.  Here is what I came up with:
The background is a monoprint using Ranger Alcohol Ink in Cloudy Blue, Stream, Bottle and Pearl Mixatives on the back of a piece of CS “Dream in Color” glossy paper.  The swirl pattern on top is cut from CS “Artifacts” paper using a Taylored Expressions cutting plate.  The seahorse is from Club Scrap “Seaside” and is stamped onto CS “Gratitude” paper using VersaMark ink, then embossed using Lindy”s Stamp Gang EP in Cleopatra’s Copper and Byzantine Bronze.  The fussy cut edges are inked with CS Earth ink

Other supplies I used:
**sentiment from Club Scrap’s “Military” , stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with Lindy”s Stamp Gang EP in Midnight Teal.
**the ribbon is upcycled and altered with a Copic Marker; the bling on the seahorse’s eye is from my stash.

If you have some extra time, you might want to go check out the other great stained glass looks starting here.


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Rose this is a wonderful interpretation of this technique, lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...