Saturday, April 30, 2016

From Trash to Treasure

Stamp TV’s Weekly Challenge over at Gina K Designs decided we needed to be trashy this week. In the spirit of Earth Day, we were encouraged to use something on our cards that we would normally throw out.

Just before I looked on the website to see what the challenge was I had thrown a plastic container into our recycle can:
I quickly went out to retrieve it, found this “Faux Glass” tutorial which I had remembered seeing at Splitcoaststampers.com, and went to work. I had so much fun playing around with my faux glass pieces! First I made a Mother’s Day card for my Mom (Don’t worry, she doesn’t read my blog!):
**paper is from Gina K and Club Scrap. The background is an “art orphan” piece…I can’t remember what supplies I used to create it.

**stamps are from Gina K (both from the “Especially For You Duo” set). The sentiment is stamped with VersaMark ink then embossed with Zing White EP, the flower is stamped on one of my “art orphan” scraps using Gina K’s Charcoal Brown Ink, embossed with Lindy’s Stamp Gang’s “Twilight Jade Slate” EP, then fussy cut. 

**the butterflies are die cut from the plastic container using Tim Holtz Sizzix Die “Mini Butterflies” Movers & Shapers dies, then colored with Ranger Alcohol Ink in Pool, Stream (top layer) and Silver mixative (bottom layer).

**the leaves are die cut from some yellow paper scraps using a TayloredExressions die, then covered with VersaMark ink followed by Lindy’s Stamp Gang “Reindeer Moss Green” EP. This powder is translucent, so I had use several layers to try to cover up the yellow. It created a unique color that blended well with the rest of the card.

**ribbon is from Club Scrap “Artifacts” kit.

Because this was so much fun, I also made a graduation card:
**all paper is from Gina K.

**sentiment stamp is from Gina K’s “Dreamcatcher” set, stamped with VersaMark ink, embossed with Stampendous Pearlustre Chapagne EP.

**the stars are die cut from the plastic container using Tim Holtz Sizzix Die Stacked Stars Bigz die, then colored with Ranger Alcohol ink in Botanical, Denim, Snow Cap Mixative and Gold Mixative.

**the center panel was die cut out of Gina K Layering Weight card stock using a die from Art C, inked with Club Scrap’s “Spruce” ink.

**ribbon is from Club Scrap “Spring Chorus” kit. I bought the nail heads (which don't show up very well in the photo) from Michaels a few years ago, but I don’t know the brand name.

Gina K Design’s Online Store is going through some transitions right now, so I can’t provide direct links to their products that I used. I’m sure you can find them if you check back at this site in a few days!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. What fun, I love up cycling items for crafting too! Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...