Sunday, February 28, 2016

Spring is in the Air!

We moved to Hawaii last summer, and believe me when I say that I did not miss the winter weather for one tiny second.  However, spring has always been one of my favorite seasons, and I think I might miss watching the world “wake up” from its winter slumber.  This week’s challenge at Gina K’s Stamp TV is to create something with the look of spring, and no black allowed.  I tried to capture what I feel about the season:
The background is a technique that I got from Technique Junkies CD “Emboss or Die” called “Artsy Dimension”.  It uses Liquid Pearls (Buttercup and Cantaloupe) on water color paper, coated in embossing powder (Lindy’s Stamp Gang Sunset Yellow Orange which is translucent).  I then dry embossed it using Taylored Expressions “Walking on Sunshine” folder

The blue panel is Ranger Alcohol Ink (Sail Boat Blue, Cloudy Blue and Silver) on glossy paper.  The flower image is from Gina K’s “With Love and Prayers Mini Stamp.  It was stamped using Archival Ink (Olive for stems, Saffron for flowers), then embossed (Gina K’s Fine Detail EP on stems, Lindy’s Stamp Gang Sunset Yellow Orange on flowers). 

The other supplies I used are:
**paper from Gina K (Powder Blue base), Club Scrap (Glossy, and yellow mats) and Strathmore Watercolor paper.
**sentiment stamp is from Club Scrap (“Dream in Color” kit), stamped with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink, embossed with Lindy’sStamp Gang Morning Glory Azure.
**ribbon from Club Scrap (“By the Numbers” kit), altered with Copic Marker (B000). 


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Rose!! Love the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to welcome the new season with a beautiful card. I'm sure there were many days in Hawaii that you weren't "enjoying" the snow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...