Thursday, April 26, 2018

Tropical Flower Power

Flowers seem to be the theme on everyone’s minds these days – it must be spring!  I jumped into the Simon Says Stamps Monday challenge with some hibiscus die cuts and made two cards:

Half of the background is Ranger alcohol inks on vellum (it is an art orphan so I don’t have the exact colors).  For the other half of the background I used an Emboss It Dabber through Tim Holtz’s “Rays” layering stencil, embossed it using Sticky powder, then covered it with Gilding Flakes.  I die cut the flowers using the two sizes of hibiscus dies from Tim Holtz’s “Tropical” set.  I used Abandoned Coral and Wild Honey Distress markers to add some interest.

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Gina K Designs and Club Scrap.

**The sentiment stamp “Today, fill your cup…” is an old one from Club Scrap’s Tilescapes kit. 
The “Hello Sunshine” stamp is from Gina K. Designs.   Both are stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with Pumpkin Fiesta powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang.

**The “Hello Sunshine” sentiment tag was cut out with a Die-Versions die (no longer available).

**The blue ribbon is from Ellen Hutson, the gold ribbon is from Club Scrap’s Scandinavia kit.

**The nailhead is from Mark Richards, the gems are Recollections altered with R24 Copic Marker.

Full disclosure: I got the inspiration for the layouts of these cards from THIS beautiful card I found on Splitcoaststampers.

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. A really pretty card, lovely flowers and stencilling and I can almost feel that hot tropical sunshine bursting through the screen! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...