Tuesday, April 3, 2018

A Trio of...Starfish

Yesterday I was playing around with a new (to me) technique that Jennifer McGuire calls Faux Metallic Stamping.  My first attempt didn’t turn out quite the way I had hoped.  But, I couldn’t just throw it away so I got creative with the other elements of the card to hide the “crummy” parts.  Since this week’s Simon Says Stamps’ Monday Challenge is asking for a trio of something I also added three starfish dies and ended up with this:
I stamped the background with three different images (from Gina K. Designs “Gifts from the Sea” set) using Distress Embossing Ink, then embossed it using Clear powder from Gina K. Designs.  I then colored in each design using a VersaMarker and dusted them with Biscotti Perfect Pearls.  Please check out Jennifer’s video for full details on how to do this technique (she explains it so much better!)

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Gina K Designs and Club Scrap.

**The sentiment stamp is also from the Gina K. Designs “Gifts from the Sea” set.  It was stamped with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink then embossed with Clear powder from Gina K. Designs.  The tag is from Spellbinders

**The starfish die is from Cherry Lynn Designs.  I cut them out of the blue paper, colored them with Tarnished Brass Distress Crayon then sprinkled Gina K. Designs’ Gold embossing powder over the crayon, brushing some off before adding heat. 

**Both of the ribbons came with Club Scrap Kits – the blue is from What a Ride, the natural is from Vintage Botany.

**The nail head “stickers” are from Marc Richards.

This card will be included in the next box I send to Card Care Connection.

I did try the technique again with better results:
 
To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps. https://www.instagram.com/inkyscraps/

Thanks for stopping by!





1 comment:

  1. Love your use of perfect pearls! Great work, your card is amazing! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...