Thursday, April 5, 2018

Tropical Birthday

To help celebrate Simon Says Stamps birthday, this week’s SSS Wednesday Challenge is to make a birthday card.  I know a lot of the country is not getting the spring weather they have been waiting for, so I went a little tropical with my card to help warm things up:
The background started out with Turquoise, Pthalo Green and Ultramarine Blue Color Burst.  I added some texture using an old Simon Says Stamps stencil (no longer available), Dreamweaver Translucent embossing paste and Lindy’s Stamp Gang Midnight Teal embossing powder.

The hibiscus is a stamp from Stampendous (which doesn’t seem to be available anymore).  I colored the stamp using Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon and Pine Needles Distress Markers.  After “huffing” on it to add moisture, I stamped it down onto yellow cardstock.  Oh, I should mention that I used my MISTI which made it easy to repeat the process a few times until I got the desired effect.  I then stamped it one last time using VersaMark ink and embossed it with WOW Clear Gloss powder.  I colored in the flower using the same Distress Marker colors mixed with some Pearl Mica Spray and fussy cut it.

The “happy birthday” die is from Simon Says Stamps.   I cut it out twice then stacked the pieces together.  It is embossed with a few layers of Midnight Teal powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang, then glued onto a scrap of velum colored with Y15 Copic Marker.

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Gina K Designs and Club Scrap.

**The ribbon is form the “Sweet Tooth” kit from Club Scrap.

**The “gems” are from my stash, altered with BG99 Copic Marker.

Happy 9th Birthday to Simon Says Stamps!  Thank you for enabling supplying us with all of our crafty needs!

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps. https://www.instagram.com/inkyscraps/

Thanks for stopping by!








1 comment:

  1. Love your beautiful card, what a striking flower
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...