Thursday, April 19, 2018

Another Day in Paradise

Mother Nature is still acting bi-polar in most of the country, so maybe Simon Says Stamp’s Wednesday Challenge “Sparkle and Shine” can help lift all of our spirits.  I went with more shine than the sparkle on my card:
The background was done with Pthalo Green, Turquoise and Ultramarine Blue Color Bursts.   The honu is from the Crafters Workshop’s “Mini Sea Turtles” stencil.  I first inked the body parts with Mowed Lawn Distress ink mixed with a little bit of Pearl Mica Spray.  For the shell I used Cosmic Brown Nuvo Embellishment Mousse.  I fussy cut it, and used dimensional tape just under the shell.  

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Gina K Designs and Club Scrap.

**The sentiment stamp is from Rubbernecker Stamps, stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with Midnight Teal powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang.

**The sentiment tag was cut out with a Spellbinder die (no longer available).  I used the Mousse along the edges to add some interest.

**The ribbon is from the “Random Doorways” kit from Club Scrap, altered with Color Burst Liquid Metal Copper to add some shimmer.

**The nailheads are Mark Richards, altered with YG17 Copic Marker.

This was my first time using the Nuvo Mousse…but it won’t be my last!

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. this is awesome, great bold colors! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...