Friday, June 16, 2017

Tribal Texture

I love, love, love using texture pastes with stencils. But masks?  I usually am a little stumped about how to use them with any technique.  Until this card:
I pulled out my Club Scarp mask from the “Tribal” kit to see what I could do.  I tried to do an hombre effect by mixing Ranger Texture Paste with Club Scrap Re-inkers – Ruby in the middle, Tangerine next and Topaz on the outside of the image.   I was surprised at how easily the three colors blended together.

I was expecting some good contrast between the colors of the paste and the black cardstock, but after letting it dry, I was disappointed. So, I put the mask back on and hit the whole thing with some Buttercup Mica Spray from Ranger. That not only brightened up the image, it added a cool bit of sparkle.

The other supplies I used to finish this card are:

**Paper from Club Scrap

**Stamp is from Club Scrap “Literature” kit.   It is stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black ink and embossed with Gina K. Designs Detail Clear embossing powder.

**Ribbon is upcycled and is altered with Black Copic Marker

**The heart dies are from Spellbinders (but I don't think they are available anymore).

**The small heart is covered with Glossy Accents, the large heart is distressed with Ruby Club Scrap Ink

I am submitting this card for both the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge, “Emboss It” challenge and for Club Scrap’s June Technique Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Rose! I love the beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding, Rose! I love it so much!!! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty, awesoem design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...