Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Pattern Play Linky Party

I am happy to once again be joining in on the fun at the Club Scrap Blog Hop and Linky Party to celebrate June’s “Pattern Play” kit. Using only paper from my Club Scrap Pattern Play Lite kit, I made a couple of cards – one is for an upcoming birthday, and the other will have to wait a little longer to be used:
I followed the cutting instructions on the Jack of Diamonds card from Club Scrap’s Cardmaking Idea Deck 1, which makes two pop up cards.  I sponged Ruby Club Scrap ink onto the “swirl” paper background, then lightly spritzed it with some Pearl Mica Spray from Ranger.  The angel is a die cut from Die-Versions, cut from the “plain” white paper, which actually has a subtle pattern to it.  When I painted the angel’s dress with Lime Green Color Burst, the pattern really came through!  I smudged a little bit of Dried Marigold Distress Ink onto her face, then painted the rest with some Platinum Liquid Metals from Color Burst.  I mounted her onto a black circle sprayed with the Pearl Mica Spray.  I stuck to the design intent for the Christmas card, adding a cut out circle message to the pop up part:
For the birthday card, I used the plain side of the swirl paper for the background.  I added some strips of the washi tape included with my kit, embossed it using a folder from Darice, and distressed the edges using Ash Club Scrap ink.  I went a little wild and followed an idea that I found on pinterest to create a “cake” to pop up:
Other supplies I used are:

**Both stamps on the birthday card are from the Club Scrap “Tribal” kit.  The cover sentiment is stamped with Onyx Black Versa Fine ink and embossed using WOW clear embossing powder.   The inside sentiment is stamped with Black India ink from Club Scrap.

**The pop up sentiment on the Christmas card is from Gina K. Designs and the Happy Holiday stamp is from an old Club Scrap stamp set.  Both are stamped with Ruby Club Scrap ink.

**I used Neon Green Club Scrap ink to distress the inside panel and pop up of the Christmas card.

**The ribbons on both cards came with my Pattern Play Lite kit.

**Besides the angel die, I also used dies from Taylored Expressions (birthday card cover), Spellbinders Classic Circles (angel backing), Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circles (Christmas card pop-up), and Spellbinders Parisian Accents (inside of Christmas card – top corners).

**The black nailheads on the birthday card are form Mark Richards, and the green gems on the Christmas card are from my stash.

I have been trying to “decorate” the insides of my cards more…making pop up cards really forces you to do that.   It was fun though!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. How pretty. You have done great work here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love the little cake pop up! I'm addicted to these pop-up cards. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so creative for the pop up card Rose!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birthday pop-up card takes the cake with me! Great cards, I'm always such a fan of the pop-up cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards and I love the "pop-up" surprise inside each one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...