Friday, May 12, 2017

On the Edge Snarky

There are so many great challenges out there that I love being able to make one project that qualifies for two or more at once.  Here is my card that fits for two May Club Scrap challenges:
The NBUS (Never Before Used Stuff) challenge is to use a snarky or funny sentiment stamp.  My sentiment (“Today is the last day of some of your life” – with “uggh…happy bday!” inside) is from the Club Scrap kit Comics. It is stamped on a scrap piece of vellum using Jet Black Staz-On ink.

The Technique challenge is to stamp and cut an edge border for your card.  I used a stamp from the Club Scrap kit BandanaRama. After stamping it three times with Ivory Gina K. Designs ink, I embossed it using Clear WOW powder.  I then fussy cut along one side and mounted it onto my black card base.

The other panel is an art orphan from my stash (yes, I am still trying to use them up while waiting to have more time to play around making new ones). The focal image is the same Club Scrap stamp that I used on the edge.  This time I stamped with Distress Embossing ink, and embossed using Midnight Gold powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang. I colored the image using Liquid Pearls (Daffodil, Key Lime and Flamingo) and a paintbrush with just a hint of water. The image is fussy cut and edged with a black Copic marker to even out my not so great cutting.

All the paper came from Club Scrap. The “gems” came from the Club Scrap kit Paradise. The ribbon is upcycled. The stamps that I used are no longer available, but Club Scrap has other fun stamps. If you have a couple of minutes, click here to check out what is available now.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love the edging! Great choice of stamps for that. Beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfule way of doing the May technique, Rose. love the bright colors of your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...