Friday, May 5, 2017

Sit by the Sea

It is good to be back in my crafty state of mind again. Somewhere between a trip to the mainland, and a big “spring cleaning/reorganization” project my creative mojo seemed to take a hike. I don’t know about you, but it is frustrating when that happens…and sometimes so hard to get over. For me, jumping in to a good challenge can be a big help. This week’s “Great Outdoors” Challenge at Simon Says Stamp proved to be just what the crafty doctor ordered. Here is what I made:
The background is an art orphan from my stash. I am trying to be better about notating what product I use for these, but this was done a while ago and I didn’t make notes.

Here are the supplies that I used:

**Paper from Gina K. Designs and Club Scrap.

**Sentiment stamp is from Seaside Stampin’ Ink, inked with Distress Embossing ink and embossed with Silver Zing embossing powder. I then “traced” over it with B99 Copic marker to tone it down a bit.

**Image stamp is from Club Scrap (Castaway kit – unfortunately no longer available), stamped with Distress Embossing Ink, embossed with Spring Leaf Chartreuse EP from Lindy’s Stamp Gang. I colored over parts of the stamp with G94, BG99, B99 and BG45 Copic Markers.

**The silver strip is some crepe paper ribbon that I flattened out then stamped with a “water” stamp from Seaside Sampin’ Ink using Midnight Blue StazOn ink.

**I also used some Faded Jeans Distress ink on the edges.

I used this week's Mojo Monday card sketch as inspiration, although I did tweak it a bit to fit with my image stamp.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. What a really cool card and a really great interpretation of our challenge theme! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful colors remind me of a world map! Great take on the Mojo sketch and so glad you joined us in the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful. You are to be commended for using us some stuff from your stash.

    Diana
    Playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...