Sunday, May 7, 2017

A Hint of Pink While Nesting

Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge is “A Hint of Pink”. I am not opposed to pink, but it is not one of my favorite colors, so using just a little bit of it is good for me. I created a set of nesting boxes using the 9 of Spades from Club Scrap’s Assembly Line Cardmaking Idea Deck Volume 2:

These two boxes were made from one 12x12 piece and two 8.5x11 pieces of card stock.   All the paper and stamps used for this project are from Club Scrap. The other supplies used are:

**The pink flowers on the box tops are Prima Flowers that were white. I colored them pink by mixing a few drops of Picked Raspberry Distress re-inker with some water and “painting” the mixture onto the flowers. The yellow flowers are from Michaels. The brads are from my stash.

**I used Distress Embossing ink to stamp the images on the side panels of the boxes and followed that up with WOW Clear embossing powder.

**Mowed Lawn and Mustard Seed Distress ink was used to ink the edges of the side panels.

**The pink ribbon is from Ellen Hutson.

**The bling is from my stash, altered with RV29 Copic Marker to match the other pink colors.

The Idea Decks from Club Scrap are fabulous! You get 52 cards, each with detailed cutting instructions and patterns, most will make two or more cards (or sometimes gift boxes like this one). They are a great way to jump start your projects. Right now they only have this deck in stock, but I am hoping that they get the others back soon. Oh, and they have Scrapbook Layouts decks that I hope will be coming back in stock too!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. These are strikingly beautiful Rose! Fantastic idea on coloring those Prima flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...