Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Crewel & Unusual Blog Hop

If you are here from the Club Scrap's "Crewel & Unusual" Blog Hop & Linky Party, welcome!  If not, you should go check it out!
Hi!  I am Rose and I am a paper crafter…and a bit of a technology dinosaur.  It’s not that I don’t use and love my smart phone, laptop, etc.  There are just some things that I don’t think should be “technology-ized”.  My address book is one of them.  So, when I decided that I needed a new address book, I went down to my favorite stationery store ready to find my new perfect book.  They didn’t have ANY!  I couldn’t find one I liked anywhere.  A bit of a surprise to this dinosaur, but no worries.  I am a paper crafter.  I can make my own! 

There was a bunch of book board-like pieces in the cartons of some new “put together yourself” furniture we recently purchased.  That and my Crewel & Unusual Lite kit  came together to make this: 
The green print for the background on the covers was coated with Glimmer Glaze (Saffron) which gives it an almost leather like finish as well as the great golden color.  The “hinges” were cut from the red paper using a Spellbinders die, then embossed with Lindy’s Stamp Gang Bysantine Bronze embossing powder.  One of the cut-a-parts was trimmed and split between the front and back cover.  The one on the front was stamped with the quote from CS Mosaic Twist using CS Amethyst ink, and the flourish from CS Vogue using CS Ruby ink.  Both were then embossed with Lindy’s Stamp Gang Sunrise Salmon Gold embossing powder. The ribbon, waxed linen thread and heart charm were all included in the Lite kit.

The ivory print was used to decorate four of the divider tabs.  The other four started with the ivory plain paper.  The Technique Junkies background was stamped using CS Sandstone ink, then the Club Scrap stencils from Be Still and Crewel & Unusual were used with CS ink in Ruby, Topaz and Amethyst, and Forest Moss Distress ink.  The tabs were stamped using the font stamps from CS Refresh, then coated with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starlight Gold Green embossing powder. The pages were created using Power Point, then printed out on cardstock from Staples. 

I love it when a plan comes together, don't you?  Thank for stopping by! 

8 comments:

  1. OH this is gorgeous!!! What a fun idea to create an address book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea and like you Rose, I like some things to stay non-technology based!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose, I love your address book! What a fun idea. Great use of the stencil and the covers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful address book! I agree with you about that too ;) Such a fun way to keep all your info in one spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one beautiful address book! The quote is perfect. I too like having my address in paper form.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, beautiful address book Rose! Great stenciling inside too! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...