Saturday, February 13, 2016

Club Scrap Masking Tape Challenge

February’s Technique Challenge over at Club Scrap is to use masking tape.  Roni gave examples of three different ways to use masking tape.  When I saw this one...

...I, for some reason, thought of the kelp fields that I saw in the Monterrey Bay Aquarium in California (don’t ask me how I made THAT connection!).  So, I decided to make a non-traditional Valentine’s Day card for my husband:


After masking off the “kelp” on a piece of green paper, I sponged on Club Scrap “Ocean” and “Lagoon” ink.  It is really hard to tell the difference in color, but I like the overall effect.  With the tape still in place I stamped and embossed the fish from the CS Seaside Unmounted set.  

After removing the tape I used some of the “Ocean” ink to stamp a background with a “water” stamp from Seaside Stampin’Ink.  The turtle from CS Castaway, and the sentiment from CS Raku were stamped with VersaMark and embossed with Lindy’sStamp Gang Embossing Powders. I love the metallic, shimmery properties of these powders which unfortunately do not photograph very well.  

Finally, I sprayed the whole panel with Iridescent Memories Mist to really give it the watery appearance. 

The other supplies I used are:
**paper from Club Scrap (green base from “Equestrian”, copper mat from “Ornamental”, green background from “Come Sail Away”).
**ribbon from CS “Just Dandy”.  Heart charm I think came from Club Scrap also, but not sure which kit.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. OMG! That is so clever! I love the "kelp"! Thanks for playing with us at Club Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose,that is such a clever idea! What alovely card you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative! I just love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose, we are definitely on the same wavelength on this challenge, I was planning to use a similar technique!! Love your card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Rose, for sharing your creation. Bee L.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...