Sunday, September 23, 2018

Wedding Bling

Simon Says to “Bling It On” in their Wednesday Challenge.  What pairs better with bling than a wedding?  I made a wedding card to give to my daughter and soon-to-be son-in-law when they get married in a couple of weeks.  They are planning a (sort-of) pirate themed event with some nautical touches.   I didn’t want the card to be focused too closely on either theme, but it ended up having a nautical sort of feel:
First I stamped this stamp from Simon Says Stamps onto some gold paper using Midnight Blue StazOn ink.  Then I stamped it again onto several other papers with VersaMark Ink and embossed them all with Midnight Sapphire powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang.  I fussy cut out each layer then stacked them up, using 3D Foam Squares behind the inner two navy layers (only because it will be hand delivered – I would skip this step if it was going through the mail).

The sentiment is cut out using a Lobster font with my Scan N Cut.   I cut it out twice with Navy paper and once with the gold then stacked them all up for some dimension.

For the bling I added some crystals from my stash (left overs from various other projects) and some gold nail heads from Mark Richards.

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Gina K. Designs (navy and silver background), handmade paper found at the Paper Source (silver layers) and part of a gold metallic envelope from Envelopes.com.

**The ribbons are both from Club Scrap.

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps. (But you won’t see this card there until after the wedding!)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...