Thursday, September 20, 2018

Time is Sneaky!

It seems like just yesterday I received the wonderful news that my daughter is engaged.  Now, suddenly, we are just three weeks out from the wedding.   It is almost scary how fast time is flying by!   I made this birthday card for a friend with a stamp that articulates that thought perfectly:
I made this card to qualify for three different Club Scrap challenges:

1) 09/18 NBUS challenge which is to use a noise or background stamp.  I used a small one from the Down to Earth kit to create some texture behind the sentiment.

2) 09/18 Technique challenge “Inked Shadows” which is to use ink to create some depth.  I created a mask of the sentiment and used Sapphire ink to highlight it.

3) 09/18 Sketch Challenge which offers this sketch: 
I moved the sentient down and added an image, but otherwise I followed it pretty close.  Unusual for me!

The background is a technique I learned from this Gina K video.

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Club Scrap and Gina K. Designs.

** The sentiment stamp and the clock stamp are from Club Scrap’s “Time of Your Life” kit

**I used both Sapphire and Earth Hybrid Inks from Club Scrap.

**The sentiment is stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with Chestnut powder from Zing.

**The clock was stamped with the Earth ink, embossed with Clear powder from WOW and fussy cut.

**The ribbons are both from Club Scrap (brown the Bookshelves” kit and the blue from the Serenity kit, altered with B93 Copic marker.)

**I colored in the edge of the clock stamp with Ground Espresso Distress marker.

**The nailheads are from my stash.

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I love the shadowing you did for the sentiment. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on Instagram, but had to pop over and comment here too! Congratulations to your daughter and great mix of kits, stamps and papers on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card with so much depth! I love how you combined the sketch and this technique together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...