Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Double the Stencil Fun

If asked about my favorite crafting tool I would probably say stencils.  They are easy to store.  They are very versatile.  And for some reason I find them less intimidating than stamps.  I do admit that even though I have tried many different techniques using stencils, I am still just a novice when it comes to this tool.  Simon Says Stamps helped me to flex that muscle a little more this week with their Monday Challenge: Use more than one stencil.   Here is what I came up with: 
I started by covering a piece of Ranger watercolor paper with Mustard Seed Distress Stain. Over that, I sponged Spiced Marmalade and Rusty Hinge Distress ink through stencil number one, Spiral Petals from Hero Arts.  Next, I spread translucent embossing paste through stencil number two, Large Flower from Hero Arts.  Once that was dry, I sponged on Seedless Preserves Distress ink, which was resisted by the embossing paste and filled in the outline of the flower.

I cut that panel into three pieces, and popped them up with some fun foam.  I heat embossed the sentiment from Club Scrap (Cherry Blossoms kit) with some White powder from Gina K Designs. The card was finished off with three Doodlebug Matte Sprinkles altered with YR07 Copic Marker and a little bow made from some fibers in my stash.

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps. 

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. So happy you did some creative flexing and played with your stencils, Rose to create this beautiful card! Wonderful fall colors and layering. Thanks so much for sharing your stencil creation with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...