Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Autumn Colors

The challenge this month over on Stamp TV is to use autumn colors on a project.  Where I live, the colors of autumn are pretty much the same as the rest of the year.  Since green is my favorite color, that works for me!  However, I do also love the other rich dark colors of the fall season.  Here is a card I made using a red, yellow and white pallete:
I used a circle mask on the background before stamping it with Gina K. Designs’ Diagonal Stripes stamp and Wild Honey Distress Ink.  The sentiment stamp is from Gina K.’s mini stamp set called With Love And Prayers.

The name of the die I used to cut the flower is “Lotus Blossom” (no longer available from Die-Versions), but I thought it kind of looked like the mums we used to have bloom in our yard in Virginia during the fall.  I cut it out of an art orphan and used the negative space to make this card:
The background art orphan was done with Club Scrap Bookbinding Glue, Gesso and a few colors of Distress re-inkers.  I used some Glad Press N’ Seal to help transfer the little inside pieces of the flower and attached them using Gina K.’s new Connect Glue.  The sentiment for this card is from Gina K’s Autumn Wishes set.

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Gina K. Designs and Club Scrap.

**Each sentiment is stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with Terra Cotta Rust powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang.

**Each sentiment is cut out using a die from Gina K.’s Decorative Label Die Set.

**I colored in the flower on the first card with my clear Wink Of Stella pen to add a little shimmer.

**The ribbon is from Club Scrap (red from the Boardwalk kit, yellow from the Sorrento kit

**The gem is from my stash.

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...