Wednesday, October 3, 2018

A Game of Tag

I am not a big tag maker, even though I have seen so many gorgeous examples all over my various inspiration sites.  To be honest, for me it comes down to practically…what do I do with a tag?  So, I tend to keep my focus on cards, scrapbook pages and other paper crafted (useable) endeavors.   However, I was intrigued by Simon Says Stamps’ Monday Challenge to “Tag It”.  I ended up making a tag shaped card with a tag on it:
Both tags were cut using Tim Holtz “Tag Collection” dies.   For the base of the card I just trimmed a piece of folded cardstock and punched holes in all the layers.  The background was an experiment using shave cream and re-inkers through a Hero Arts Abstract Waves stencil.

To make the flowers, I first cut them out using the Tim Holtz “Tattered Florals” Bigz die.  Following a technique called Faux Embroidered Flower I learned from Technique Junkies, I used Majestic Purple and Peacock Liquid Pearls to cover them. 

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Club Scrap

**The sentiment stamp is from Club Scrap (Cherry Blossoms kit).  It is stamped with Onyx Black VersaFine ink and embossed with Silver Moon Turquoise powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang.

**The ribbon is from Club Scrap (Artifacts kit).

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. beautiful tag, love how added the second tag and those flowers are gorgeous, thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I like using my tags on gifts ;) They are so fun to make.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...