Friday, February 23, 2018

The Envelope Please

While I have been trying to add a little something to the envelopes of the cards I make, this month’s challenge at Stamp TV pushed me into doing a little bit more than just adding a coordinating stamp.   The challenge is “to make your envelope just as awesome as your card”. Here is what I came up with:
The stamps are from Gina K. Designs' Framescapes Tropical Skies stamp set.  I stamped them using Wild Dandelion and Dark Chocolate ink from Gina K. Designs.  I added more color using Spectrum Noir colored pencils.

Here is the card that will go inside that envelope: 
To make the background, start by spreading Pearlescent Embossing Paste from Dreamweaver through this Swirl Stencil from Hero Arts.  Before removing the stencil, add some Metallic Jade and Yellow Gold Liquid Metals Color Bursts, spritz it with water and carefully use a spatula to spread the color around.  Then remove the stencil and set it aside to dry.

The focal image is from Gina K. Designs’ Tropical Nature stamp set.  It was stamped onto an art orphan (Alcohol Ink spread on velum) with VersaMark ink and embossed using Fine Detail Gold powder from Gina K. Designs.  I used both Wink Of Stella clear and Sparkle Silk from Fun Stampers Journey to highlight the waterfall.

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Gina K. Designs, Club Scrap, and Ranger Watercolor Paper. The gold is paper that was handcrafted in Nepal. I found it at this store in Brookfield, WI.

**The sentiment stamp is also Gina K. Designs’ Framescapes Tropical Skies stamp set.  It was stamped with Library Green Archival Ink and embossed using Fine Detail Clear powder from Gina K. Designs.

**The ribbon is from Club Scraps’ Lagoon kit.

**Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink was used to color the watercolor paper behind the stenciled design.

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...