Saturday, February 24, 2018

Colorful Dimension

This month, Club Scrap is challenging us to do a technique using a stencil.  I recently found this video and decided to try the technique using texture paste and Club Scrap re-inkers to make a background: 
I used the stencil from the Club Scrap Cape Cod kit (no longer available).  After spreading Ranger Texture Paste, I put down drops of Ruby and Metallic Silver Club Scrap re-inkers then sprayed it with some water.  Using a spatula, I spread out the color a little bit, trying not to blend it too much.  Then I just set it aside to dry.  That’s it!

The best part of this background is that I did it over a piece of watercolor paper that I had used to try out a different technique.  I didn’t like the way that one turned out, but saved it anyway.  It was perfect to use for this background because it was already “colored paper”.

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Club Scrap, Ranger Watercolor Paper.

**Both the focal image and the sentiment stamps are from Club Scrap, the eagle from an old Club Scrap special stamp kit called Military and the sentiment from Wild Rose.  Both were stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with Hematite powder from Club Scrap.

**Ruby Club Scrap Ink was used through the same stencil to add some texture to the red background. Faded Jeans Distress Ink was used to ink the edges of the focal image and the sentiment.

**The wide ribbon is from Club Scraps’ Artifacts kit.  I’m not sure where the narrow ribbon came from.

**The focal image was cut out using a Spellbinders Label Three die, the sentiment was cut out using a die from the Sizzix Tim Holtz Tag Collection.

**The little metallic bling stickers are from Recollections, altered with Copic Marker BV25

You can check out what others did with the Club Scrap Stencil Challenge by clicking HERE.

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This turned out great Rose!! I need to dig out that stencil again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...