Thursday, February 15, 2018

Playing with Paint

Quite a while ago I read about using Distress Metallic Paints on glossy card stock.  Ok, I’ll give it a try.  Oh my, I fell in love with the results!  Here is a card I made with the background: 
I squirted out some Tarnished Brass and Brushed Pewter Distress Paint onto my craft mat.  After misting with some water, I swiped a piece of glossy card stock through the paints.  I kept smooshing and swiping the card stock through the paint, using my heat tool to dry between layers, until I ended up with a look that I like.   I don’t think it photographed very well, but it is amazing to see the depth and shimmer that this background has.

To finish off the card, I spread some Pearlescent Embossing Paste from Dreamweaver through a stencil from Club Scrap’s Blossom kit.  I covered the paste with Venus Violet Blue embossing powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang.  Once the paste was dry, I used the heat tool to melt the powder.

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Club Scrap and Gina K. Designs.

**The sentiment stamps is also from Club Scrap’s Blossom kit, stamped with VersaMark and embossed with Fine Detail Gold powder from Gina K. Designs.

**The tag die is from Die-Versions, but is no longer available

**The ribbon is from Club Scrap’s Cherry Blossom kit

**The gems came with my Club Scrap Paradise kit

**The nail heads on the tag are from Mark Richards (bought at a store, but I can’t remember which one).

To see some of my other creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. That is one of my favorite stencils! Great card and a perfect bow too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...