Sunday, February 1, 2015

OWH Team Challenge

Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone!  I'm not as excited as I would be if my Green Bay Packers had made it to the big game. At least the league's 2014 MVP comes from my team...congrats to Aaron Rodgers!

Ok, enough about football, lets talk cards.  This week Operation Write Home had a bonus challenge encouraging crafters to show team spirit by making a card using their favorite team's colors.    Well, guess what colors I used?
This is a birthday card for my brother-in-law, but don't tell him the Packers' colors were the inspiration...he is a 49ers fan.  The background technique is one I got from Gina K's Stamp TV .  

The supplies I used are:
**paper from Gina K, Bazzil, and Club Scrap
**pine branch stamp is from Stampers Anonymous (Tim Holtz), sentiment is from Fiskars
**Distress Ink used for background, Memento ink for edging, VersaMark ink for sentiment
**Zing embossing powder used for both background and sentiment
**ribbon is from Club Scrap
**brads are from my stash (not sure what manufacturer), altered with Copic Marker

Since this is a OWH challenge, I also wanted to post a second card that will be donated to our heroes:
This one uses the same background technique.  It also uses a cut-apart from Club Scrap that I covered in Ranger Antiquities Frosted Crystal embossing powder.

.The other supplies I used are:
**paper from Club Scrap and Gina K
**stamp and ribbon are both from Club Scrap
**ink for background from Gina K, embossing ink on background from VersaMark, embossing ink on cut-apart from Distress
**Zing embossing powder on background, 
**I don't know what manufacturer the nail heads are from, but I got them at JoAnns.

Thanks for stopping by!




4 comments:

  1. It would have been great to watch the Packers today! Your cards turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I love the design of both your cards! The green card background is so so pretty, and when I think of how Seattle beat the Packers, I still feel a twinge of "What just happened?!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, colorful cards with a fun technique (and funny sentiment on the first!) for the guys.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...