Wednesday, January 21, 2015

OWH January Mid-Month Throwdown

It has been awhile since I was able to make a card for a challenge, not to mention make any cards for Operation Write Home.  So, it felt good to jump back into the both with this month's OWH Mid-month Throwdown with the theme "thank you".  Here is my card:


For me, this is about as CAS as I get.  Awhile back I die cut this tree (using a Spellbinders die) from paper that I had covered with Glimmer Mist.  I used the tree on another project, but liked the negative enough to hang on to it.  For this card I die cut the tree again out of a coordinating color and inserted it back into the negative space.  The whole image is popped up with Scotch Clear-Mounting tape.

Other supplies that I used are:
**paper from Gina K, Club Scrap and (I believe) Cricut.
**ribbon and brads both are from Club Scrap, and both are altered with Copic Markers.
**sentiment stamp from Club Scrap stamped with VersaMark ink, embossed with Zing embossing powder.

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...