Sunday, February 15, 2015

OWH Sketch Challenge - 248



Did you know that Operation Write Home has almost 250 different sketches that you can use as inspiration?  And they are still coming out with new ones a couple of times each month!  You can check all of them out here.  I'm sure you will find something you like!  Here is what #248 looks like:
OWH Sketch 248
For some reason I was having trouble figuring out a direction for this sketch.  I started out by trying a new to me shaving cream technique that I found on Stamp TV.  After playing around with that for a bit I came up with this card:
I used some shave cream found in the travel size section of my local commissary and re-inkers from Club Scrap.  That panel was used to cut three circles with dies from Spellbinders, and the decorative "flower" with a GEO die from Pop-Ups Etc.  The little flower dies are also from Spellbinders.

Other supplies I used are:
**paper, sentiment tag cut-apart, and ribbon all from Club Scrap
**it doesn't show up very well in the photo, but I used a stamp from Technique Junkies to add a little texture to the background.
**I don't know where the "gems" are from, but they are altered with Copic markers.

Hope you are staying warm today!  Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Rose your shaving cream technique came out beautiful. Love the different colors together. This is such a pretty card. I love it. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you put a lot of work into this card! I think your shaving cream backgrounds are gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shaving cream is just gorgeous! One of these days I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to try out the shaving cream technique! It turned out really well. :)

    Thanks for blogging about all the OWH sketches, and thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...