Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Winter Inspiration for Stamp TV Challenge

Good morning!  This week's Stamp TV challenge, "winter inspiration", seems appropriate since the most famous weatherman (or is it weather-rodent?) predicted 6 more weeks of winter.  As usual, I am hopeful that he is wrong!  Here is my card:
The background for the focal image was done with Distress re-inkers on Strathmore Watercolor paper using a technique found on this video on Stamp TV.  I then stamped the mugs from Gina K's Season's Greetings set with Versa-Mark ink and embossed with Zing embossing powder.  A snowflake die from Taylored Expressions was used for the sentiment tag.  The snowflake stamp and the sentiment are both from Gina K,  

Other supplies I used are:
**paper from Gina K, Club Scrap, Bazzill 
**Distress ink for snowflake stamp and inked edges
**Spellbinders die for sentiment circle
**embossing folder for background from Sizzix
**ribbon and snowflake eyelets from Gna K.

Stay warm!  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I just had to check your blog and see how you did that wonderful background for the focal image. I really love this card design and the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background is gorgeous! I had to pop over and see the video. I missed that when it came out so thank you for linking to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...