Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Sympathy Challenge

I always find it a bit challenging to make a sympathy card.  I never want it to look too “sad”, but I don’t want it to look too cheerful either.  This week’s Stamp TV challenge over at Gina K. Designs is to simply make a sympathy card.  It is easier to make one for a creative challenge and have it on hand then to make one as needed.  Here is what I came up with:
For the background, I tried out a “stamping with water” technique that I learned from this Jennifer McGuire video.  The focal image and sentiment are stamped onto an art orphan that I created a long time ago.  Not sure what supplies were used, other than I can tell that gesso was involved.  I colored the stamp with Dusty Concord and Peeled Paint Distress Markers before stamping.  By using my MISTI, I was then able to stamp over that with Distress Embossing ink and emboss it  using Gina K. Designs Fine Detail Clear embossing powder.

Here is a list of the other supplies I used:

**Paper from Gina K Designs (base) and Club Scrap.

**Flower stamps (both on the background and the focal image) are from Gina K. Designs “With Love and Prayers Mini Stamp Set”, sentiment stamp is from Gina K Designs “Scripty Sayings”.

**Ribbon from Gina K. Designs, altered with Prickly Pear Gina K Designs ink.

**I used Dusty Concord Distress ink on the background, and Amethyst Club Scrap Hybrid ink to distress the edge of the focal image.

**The sentiment was embossed using Tannenbaum Green Gold powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Way to use that pretty scrap! I like the water stamped background too. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...