Tuesday, September 9, 2014

OWH September OBDB challenge

Ok, here is my first "official" post on my new blog.  Our Daily Bread Designs hosts a challenge each month for Operation Write Home.  If they can get 50 cards made and linked by the end of the month, they will donate two boxes of free shipping for our heroes.  This month the challenge is to create your own background...right up my alley!


My background is a technique called Faux Encaustic Wax that I got from the Technique Junkies newsletter (Feb/Mar 2013) which allowed me to use a bunch of Crayola crayon pieces that I have left over from the kid's coloring days.

The other supplies I used are:
Paper from Gina K and Club Scrap;  stamps from Club Scrap (Polynesian kit);  fiber from Club Scrap (Vogue kit) which I altered with Distress stain and ink;   VersaMark ink, and Zing embossing powder.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love the vivid colors and puny sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the card, Rose! And, I found your second blog entry. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...