Wednesday, September 24, 2014

OWH Mid-month Throwdown Challenge - Fall Colors

The September mid-month challenge for Operation Write Home is fall colors.  I chose to make a birthday card using some of my art orphans.


The background panel is the "Big Shot Hammer" technique from Technique Junkies (Aug/Sept 2011).  It basically turns your Big Shot (or whatever die cutting machine) into a flower press.  After pressing a couple of leaves from my backyard I spritzed it with some Perfect Pearls mist.  The little squares along the bottom were cut from a left over piece that I had done with Glimmer Mist.  

The other supplies I used are:
Paper from Club Scrap, Gina K, and Strathmore Watercolor paper; inks from Club Scrap, Gina K, and Versa Mark; stamp from Stampin' Up; ribbon from Club Scrap (altered with Copic Marker); embossing powder from Lindy's Stamp Gang; dies from Spellbinders & Taylored Expressions; and the brads I got from a store in Green Bay, WI which is no longer there.  I loosely based this card on OWH sketch #98.

Thanks for looking.  Happy Fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...