Friday, August 18, 2017

Let’s Get Leafy

This week Stamp TV is challenging everyone to create a background that utilizes leaves.  I quickly thought about the new Gina K Designs Foliage stencil that I recently acquired.  Here is what I came up with:
I mixed some Jelly Bean Green ink from Gina K. Designs with Ranger Texture Paste and spread it over part of the stencil.  After that dried, I added the final “sprig” and repeated the drying process.  A little bit of Stormy Sky Distress ink on the edges and my background was good to go.

I stamped the flower from Gina K. Designs’ “Boho Flowers” with the Jelly Bean Green ink and embossed it with Spring Leaf Chartreuse powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang.  It didn’t have enough contrast, so I stamped it again (thanks to my MISTI) using Ivory Gina K. ink and the same embossing powder.  Better, but still not what I was looking for.   So, I started over with just the Ivory and the embossing powder.  Bingo!  I fussy cut them both out and stacked them together for the focal image.    Don’t give up too easily on something that doesn’t turn out exactly like you imagined!

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Club Scrap

**The sentiment stamp is from Gina K. Designs’ “Autumn Wishes”, inked with Stormy Sky Distress ink and embossed with Gina K.’s Fine Detail Clear embossing powder.

**The ribbon is upcycled, altered with Stormy Sky Distress Marker.

**The gems came with my Club Scrap “Paradise” kit.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...