Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Twisted Black & White

A few weeks ago, I was experimenting with a technique that didn’t quite turn out the way I wanted it to.  I was left with a piece of cardstock covered with Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink that was not bad enough to throw away, so it went into my “art orphan” box to be used on a future project.  When I discovered this month’s challenge over at Stamp TV, I know I found a use for that orphan.

The Monthly Mix Challenge at Gina K Designs’ Stamp TV is to make a black and white card…with a pop of one other color…and it has to have a bow.  My orange panel paired well with black and white to make this card: 
I stamped the border stamp from an old Gina K. Designs set called “Flower Border Duo” (which sadly is no longer available) onto black cardstock with VersaMark ink, then embossed it with White powder also from Gina K Designs.  I did the same with the sentient from the set onto the orange panel.  Then, using THIS sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, I assembled my card.

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Gina K Designs and Club Scrap.

**The flower is a stamp/die combination from Heartfelt Creations (also no longer available – I guess I dug deep into my stash for this card!).

** Black India ink from Club Scrap was used to stamp the flowers.

**The flowers were sprayed with Pearl Mica Spray from Ranger to add shimmer.

**The flowers were outlined with YR07 Copic Marker.

**The ribbon is from Club Scrap’s Retreat 2008 kit.

**The gems are from my stash. 

Since I had left overs from the two panels that were cut at an angle, I also made this card:
The sentiment stamp is from I Break For Stamps.  This card will be going to Card Care Connection.  

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...