Friday, July 28, 2017

Video Inspiration

Stamp TV has over a library of over 950 videos filled with different techniques and all kinds of inspiration.  I have long been a fan and have learned many new techniques from watching these gems.  This week’s Stamp TV challenge at Gina K. Designs is to make a card inspired by one of the videos.  My personal challenge was to find one that I haven’t “used” before.  My card ended up being inspired by not one but two of the videos.  I used the “Highlighting and Edging with Emboss Resist” technique and also “Creating a Metallic Embellishment” to create a Christmas card:
I was also inspired by Simon Says Stamp’s Monday challenge “You’ve Got the Edge”.  The background panel was first inked through a Simon Says Stamp stencil with Gina K. Designs Cherry Red Ink, then cut out with an old die from Spellbinders.  I traced the edge with VersaMarker Pen, then embossed it using Zing Metallic Gold embossing powder.

The focal image is from Gina K. Designs, stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed using Stampendous Ivory powder.  I used three sizes of We R Memory Keepers Nesting Ovals dies, coating the largest with VersaMark ink and Zing Metallic Gold embossing powder.   I embossed a Spellbinder Fancy Framed Tags Two die embossed with the Zing Gold powder, cut it in half and added it behind the largest oval for a little extra flair.

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Gina K. Designs and Club Scrap

**The sentiment stamp is a die from Die-Versions that was coated in Versa Mark ink and embossed with Zing Metallic Gold powder.

**The ribbon is from Club Scrap’s “Sunflowers” kit.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. What a delightful card! The gold touches are always a great idea!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! We all hope to see you again next challenge!
    x Zoey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...