Saturday, July 29, 2017

Anything Goes with Koi

The Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge for this week is Anything Goes.  Sometimes that stresses me out…you know, way too many options.  This time, I did ok with it.  I just jumped in and played around until I came up with this card:
I created the background with Sea Glass, Electric Blue and Dragonfly GlimmerMists and Ranger Watercolor paper.  When spraying each color, I tried to keep them each to 1/3 of the panel, or at least as much as I could control those little flying drops of color!  In the end they blended better than I expected.  Once it was dry, I used a background stamp from Technique Junkies and Library Green Archival Ink to add the swirls.   As a final step, I dry embossed it using an old Cuttlebug folder.

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Gina K. Designs and Club Scrap.

**The sentiment stamp is from Gina K. Designs, inked with Versa Mark, embossed with Lindy’s Stamp Gang Midnight Emerald powder and cut out using a Spellbinder Deckled Rectangles die.

**The Koi fish die is from Elizabeth Craft Designs.

**The ribbon is from Club Scrap’s “Garden Shed” kit.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. We certainly don't mean to make this a stressful challenge on AG weeks, Rose - you should just look at it as "playing" and make something that's fun for you. I love the watery effect you achieved with your sprays! We're glad you joined us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...