Saturday, July 1, 2017

Thanks…”Turtally”!

Living in Hawaii definitely has its perks.  One of my favorites is the ability to walk along a rocky shore near my house and watch the Honu (turtles) playing in the waves.  After one of those relaxing walks this week, I was inspired to make this card:
It was love at first sight when I saw this turtle stamp from Technique Junkies.  I have seen (and own a few) really cool turtle stamps so I don’t know what it was about this one that had me adding it to my shopping cart before I could say “I’ll take it”.

This week’s Monday Challenge at Simon Says Stamps told me to “stencil it” so that is what I did for the background.  I started by sponging four colors of Distress ink (Cracked Pistachio, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire) onto a white piece of card stock. I placed a swirl stencil from Hero Arts over the inked piece and lightly spritzed it with Electric Blue Glimmer Mist. After a quick blot with some scrap paper and letting it rest for a minute to soak in, I lifted the stencil and had a slightly shimmery, swirly, watery looking background.

My Honu friend was stamped with Distress Embossing ink and embossed with Midnight Emerald powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang. I mixed some Perfect Pearl, Perfect Gold and Forever Green Perfect Pearls with a little bit of water and painted on to make him shine a little more.

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Club Scrap

**The sentiment stamp is an old one from Stampin’ Up, stamped with Distress Embossing ink and embossed with the Midnight Emerald EP from Lindy’s Stamp Gang.

**The tag was cut using a die from Die-Versions (but it doesn't seem to be available anymore).

**I used a little Library Green Archival ink to distress the edges of the tag.

**The ribbon is from Club Scrap (All That Jazz kit) and the brad is from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! love so much the blue/green palette you used and the stamps is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card! What talent you have for mixing the mediums to obtain that neat background and cool-looking turtle shell.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...