Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Message in a Bottle

My daughter is getting married this fall and has asked for my help with a lot of DIY projects for the event - for which I am extremely grateful since I live over 4,800 miles away from her and can’t help out in too many other ways.  One of the projects is the “guest book”.  With a “pirate inspired” theme, she has decided to ask her guests to leave a message in a bottle in lieu of signing their names in a book.  (An idea that I love and wish I had done at my own wedding!) 

Imagine my surprise and delight when I saw this month’s Club Scrap kit “Sea Breeze”! The stamps and papers were PERFECT for making a holder and some note papers for the guests to write their messages on:

My husband used some scrap wood pieces to make the holder for the note papers and pens.  I painted the insides (using a mix of various acrylic paints I had on hand to try to match the papers), then used one of the print papers to cover the outside.  I covered the top part using the washi tape included in the kit.  Some ribbon and a few of the starfish and the holder was finished.
The paper for the notes is some letterhead paper from Gartner (I found it at Office Max).  I used stamps from Sea Breeze to stamp the bottle, the shells and “A message for you” with Ash and Lagoon inks from Club Scrap. (Ok, full disclosure…I still have to stamp most of the sheets!)

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. FABULOUS!! What a wonderful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. what a great idea, I love your box!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea! I love it! (And now, we've got the wedding kit for 'ya, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose, thank you! I love this project. Now I wonder if there's an old box around here somewhere I can cover ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea - so very different. Glad Club Scrap could come to the rescue with the perfectly designed kit for this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...