Friday, July 20, 2018

Let’s Go to the Beach!

Club Scrap challenged us to make a “beachy background” with their technique challenge for this month.  Here is my take on that: 
This card came together pretty quickly.   I used Mahogany Club Scrap ink to randomly stamp some shells and a sentiment from the Club Scrap Sea Breeze stamp set onto the “sand” (a piece of Kraft colored cardstock from Club Scrap - but please don’t ask me which kit!).   For the sentiment and part of a couple of shells, I also embossed them with VersaMark ink and Sparkle embossing powder from Hero Arts to give them a wet look (that didn’t show up very well in the photo).

The “water” is made by adding various colors of Ranger Alcohol Ink onto a surface called Vertigo from Imagine Crafts.  I fussy cut a “water line” and attached it using some Stick It.

To finish off the card, I added some raffia ribbon (from Club Scrap’s Connections kit), a die cut starfish from Cherry Lynn Designs covered with the same Sparkle Embossing Powder and a sand dollar charm altered with E33 Copic Marker (appropriately called sand).

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love your alcohol inked water! The colors turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose, thanks for playing along! Love the overlapped coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...