Friday, June 22, 2018

Just Shine

Bright and Cheerful is what the Simon Says Wednesday challenge is looking for.  With everything going on around the world, I think that is a good thing to ask for!  Here is my submission to their challenge:
The background was supposed to be this really cool looking technique that I tried.  Alas, mine didn’t turn out the way the demo did, but I liked it enough to use on this card.  It was done using Club Scrap Bookbinding Glue, Distress Re-Inkers and Gesso. 

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Gina K. Designs and Club Scrap.

**The sun die is from Die-Versions (no longer available) and is covered with Sunset Yellow Orange embossing powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang.

**The small stamps are from Club Scrap’s “Moroccan Spice” kit, stamped with Picked Raspberry Distress ink.

**The sentiment stamp is from Club Scrap’s “Peacock” kit. It is on a tag cut out with a Spellbinders Petite Labels One die, stamped with Picked Raspberry Distress ink, covered with Geranium Coral Blush embossing powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang.

**The ribbon came with Club Scrap’s “Sweet Tooth” kit.

**As finishing touches I edged the small squares with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink, I went over the edges of the small squares and the sentiment tag with my Black Copic Marker and I added a couple of drops of Honey Gold Nuvo Drops.

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps.

Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. Your card really shines! LOVE your design and choice of colors - so Bright and cheerful!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...