Monday, April 30, 2018

2 Cards from One Experiment

I recently discovered the Hero Arts Blog and their challenges, and decided that I wanted to play along.  The current challenge is to “put a flower on it”…perfect for making a Mother’s Day card for my Mom:
I wanted to do an old technique using sticky back canvas and Distress markers.  I had done it with stamps, but I was wondering if it would work with a stencil.   I pulled out my Hero Arts Large Flower stencil, placed it over a piece of card stock and ran my Emboss It Dabber over the stencil.  Once it was coated, I flipped the stencil over onto a piece of sticky back canvas and burnished it good.  I then used some Zing White embossing powder and heat set.  (I’ll get back to the piece of card stock I had under the stencil soon.) 

I colored in the embossed image with Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold and Spun Sugar Distress Markers, then sprayed it generously with Iridescent Memories Mist and let it dry.  I finished off the card by cutting out three copies of the sentient with my Scan N Cut, stacking them together then covering them with about four layers of Lindy’s Stamp Gang’s Sunset Yellow Orange embossing powder.  I added some raffia ribbon (from my Club Scrap Kit “Serenity”) and some gems from my stash.

So, remember that piece of card stock that was under the stencil when I used the Emboss It Dabber? Here is what became of it:
I covered it with Scotch Broom Yellow and Hyacinth Blue Jade embossing powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang.  Since it was on white card stock, I sponged on some Tumbled Glass Distress ink to fill in the gaps with some color.   I stamped the sentiment (from DRS Designs) with Blue Denim ink from Gina K. Designs and finished off the card with some upcycled ribbon altered with Y18 Copic marker.

All the paper for both cards came from Gina K. Designs and Club Scrap.

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This is Karen Bull, a design team member from A Blog Named Hero. Love how different these two cards are even though they are the same design! Thank you for playing along in this month's challenge. Follow me on instagram @karenzbull

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...